Requirements management for systems and advanced IT applications
IBM® Rational® DOORS® is a requirements management application for optimizing requirements communication, collaboration and verification throughout your organization and supply chain. This scalable solution can help you meet business goals by managing project scope and cost. Rational DOORS lets you capture, trace, analyze and manage changes to information while maintaining compliance to regulations and standards.
Rational DOORS provides:
- Requirements management in a centralized location for better team collaboration.
- Traceability by linking requirements to design items, test plans, test cases and other requirements.
- Scalability to address your changing requirements management needs.
- Test Tracking Toolkit for manual test environments to link requirements to test cases.
- Integrations to help manage changes to requirements with either a simple pre-defined change proposal system or a more thorough, customizable change control workflow with Rational change management solutions.
If you are looking for requirements management integrated on a common platform with design, change management, or test management capabilities, take a look at DOORS Next Generation. Rational DOORS Next Generation is included in Rational DOORS 9.5, giving existing DOORS users with active support and subscription the benefits of both DOORS 9.5 and DOORS Next Generation. Learn more about DOORS Next Generation.
- Manages requirements documents centrally for better collaboration and access.
- Provides access to full editing, configuration, analysis and reporting capabilities through a desktop client.
- Supports the Requirements Interchange Format, enabling suppliers and development partners to contribute requirements documents, sections or attributes that can be traced back to central requirements.
- Records and displays requirements text, graphics, tables, requirements attributes, change bars, traceability links and more.
- Provides drag and drop capability for linking a requirement to a design item, to a test case or to another requirement.
- Allows you to pick the requirements from a list or enter requirement numbers as attributes and have Rational DOORS make the links for you.
- Shows full traceability reports in a single view to help prioritize development work and predict delivery schedule.
- Supports external links that enable requirements to be directly associated with information outside of the Rational DOORS domain.
- Offers an explorer-like hierarchy with multiple levels of folders and projects for simple navigation no matter how large the database grows.
- Includes configurable views and sharable documents, which enable users to work concurrently to produce a single document.
- Grows as the project demands from small teams to complex, global projects.
Test Tracking Toolkit
- Enables you to create links from requirements to test.
- Defines test cases, records, and compares test runs.
- Ensures that all requirements are covered by test cases.
- Integrates with Rational change management software for requirements change control and for requirements workflow management.
- Integrates with other Rational solutions, including IBM Rational Quality Manager, IBM Rational Rhapsody, IBM Rational Focal Point and others.
- Integrates with HP QualityCenter for visibility of requirements to create test cases for traceability and for status report on coverage of requirements by test cases.
- Integrates with Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) to enable Microsoft Visual Studio development teams to create and maintain traceability between requirements in Rational DOORS and TFS Work Items in Visual Studio.