Improve network efficiency and productivity with automated event actions
IBM® Tivoli® Netcool®/Impact is network management software that automates the support of business-critical functions. It provides a scalable platform that delivers universal access to near real-time data, events and indicators throughout distributed environments. Tivoli Netcool/Impact issues automated service alerts, resulting in faster resolution time.
Tivoli Netcool/Impact features include:
- Automation of event management tasks for enhanced network operations.
- Single data management framework for faster access to data throughout multiple sources.
- Near real-time event correlation to help maximize productivity.
- Data protection of existing data stores for preserving ownership and control.
Automation of event management tasks
- Determines exactly when and what actions are automatically taken according to the business impact.
- Saves time and effort involved in repeatedly performing routine event management tasks manually, such as dynamic event monitoring, event enrichment and event notification.
- Reduces operation costs with minimized downtime, fewer staff requirements and fewer operator errors.
- Maximizes operator efficiency and productivity, freeing them to work on higher priority tasks or assignments.
- Provides near real-time visibility into core business and operational functions, such as billing and order fulfillment, for defining custom actions.
Single data management framework
- Allows universal access to near real-time data and events from multiple data sources, including external sources such as SQL databases and LDAP servers.
- Unifies distributed data through a single, actionable reference point.
- Integrates with third-party applications for tasks, such as billing, network inventory management, customer service or help desk.
Near real-time event correlation
- Streamlines notification and escalation of events through alert consolidation and simplified error logs.
- Improves resolution time through near real-time alert status, allowing administrators to isolate, prioritize and assess the event for faster incident handling.
- Provides contextual information required for facilitating essential services and processes.
Data protection of existing data stores
- Protects data by accessing it where it resides.
- Allows data access from existing data stores through a virtual data store, allowing for more flexible use of the data.
- Helps to avoid security issues related to data access.
- Preserves investment in existing data stores by controlling delivery of information to or from any data source without the need for migration or replacement.